[2021 Updated] What is the best folding bike to buy in 2021?
When choosing a bike, you need to consider the following elements:
- Price- the market offers a wide range of bikes that feature different prices. The quality and parts used in the construction of the bikes is generally well-reflected in the price you are paying. If you are looking to buy a folding bike based entirely on the price, then think about how long you want your bike to last, and whether reliability is important to you.
- Ease of use- you also need to consider features that make the bike easy to use. For instance, the weight of the bike, it's gearing, and speed elements. Consider a bike that can cater to your needs and one that you can operate effortlessly.
- Size- the size of the bike affects the ease with which you can use the bike. Consider a bike that is easy and neatest and takes up the least amount of room when it is folded. You want a product that you can travel with easily.
ChangeBike is one of the leading manufacturers of a wide range of bikes in the market.
Below is a round-up of the current range of Change Bike folding bikes and some of the pros and cons alongside them. We hope that this guide allows you to buy your next folding bike with confidence that you are making the right choice.
We believe this is the best hybrid folding bike in the market in 2020. The bike is manufactured using the most durable aluminium material in the market. The aluminium is also quite light, especially on the folding frame. The bike also features a carbon monocoque fork, and its folding system is internationally patented. The design of the bike is 100% tool-free hence the reason why it is considered one of the best folding bikes in the market.
The folding frame is the only one in the market to achieve an ISO 4210 certification. The product's hybrid geometry is tried and tested and proven effective. The internal cable routing system is brand new. These are features that are brand new to the Change Bike range, and you will struggle to find on other brands of folding bike. You can purchase the bike online, and it will be delivered using a tracked delivery system while fully-insured.Pros
- The bike comes in a wide range of sizes
- It features a light and sturdy aluminium foldable frame
- It does not require the use of tools during its assembly
- Not particularly well-suited to rough terrain or trails.
This is the best folding mountain bike to buy in 2020 if you're looking for a hard-wearing folding bike that won't break the bank. This folding mountain bike is made using the strongest and lightest aluminium frame found in the market, with a design unique to Change. It is, therefore, easy to navigate and manoeuvre because it is not inconveniently heavy. This folding mountain bike also features an internationally patented folding system that is unique and high-quality. The bike does not require any kind of tools to fold and unfold, meaning you can get going as quickly as possible.
The mountain bike features a Suntour XCR fork, a Shimano groupset, and Avid BB5 mechanical brakes. It also features a tried and tested MTB geometry, making it the best folding mountain bike to buy in the Change Bike range of bikes and the market at large. Additionally, it comes with a pair of Wellgo quick-release pedals and a change bike fold away carry bag.Pros
- It features a new internal cable routing system
- It is available in a wide range of colours
- It comes with a quality carry bag
- Is marginally heavier than the Hybrid option.
The DF-812 is quickly becoming one of the best folding mountain bikes on the market and is the top-spec folding mountain bike that we produce and sell here at Change Bike. It features a full-size frame that is manufactured using lightweight and high-quality aluminium. The folding frame has been tried and tested to ensure its quality and functionality. The handlebar, stem, and seat post are also made using aluminium. All the bike parts, including the wheels, brakes, chain, and crankset, are made using high-quality materials that are guaranteed to last for a long time. As with all of the Change Bike folding bikes, the DF-812 is fully parts-compatible with regular bike parts, meaning you can change and customise the bike to your own preference or specification.
Other impressive features of the folding mountain bike include its Shimano Deore Groupset, Fox Float 32 forks, and Mavic Crossride Wheelset. It is designed to handle even the toughest of terrains. It also features the most robust and most effective quick-release pedals.Pros
- The bike is available in 3 sizes
- It is available in two colours (green and blue)
- It comes fully insured with a tracked delivery system
- It is quite durable
- Luggage options are limited.
This commuter bike is one of the best products of its kind in the market. The bike is designed in such a way that you can roll, carry, and get it to stand when it is folded. The folding technology also allows you to take it on tours and travel destinations without compromising on its performance. The bike features 700c wheels that will enable you to ride it for long distances with relative ease.
It also helps that it is a light design, weighing at a little over 10 Kgs. For this reason, you do not have to worry about the bike's weight when riding or carrying for long distances. The weight also makes it easy to travel on a bike and enhances its rideability. It also features a familiar riding geometry, which is not an element that regular folding bikes possess. The frame design is completely unique to Change Bike and ensures your experience of riding a Change Bike is unique.Pros
- The commuter bike is lightweight and easy to use for long-distance riding
- It is made of high-quality materials
- It is available in 4 different sizes and two colours (black and white)
- It is only available for purchase directly from Change Bike
This is a frame-only design. It is ideal for people that are looking to construct their bikes from scratch. It may also come in handy if you already have a fully-assembled bike but would like to turn it into a folding bike. The frame of this bike is the only one of its kind to pass the MTB frame safety test, thanks to its globally-patented folding system.
The frame is fully compatible with bikes from a wide range of manufactures. This means that it allows you to construct the best and most convenient bike from scratch. The frame comes accompanied by a wide range of accessories that are aimed at helping you get your bike up and running as fast as can be. Some of these accessories include quick-release pedals by Wellgo, and a bike fold away carry bag manufactured by ChangeBike.Pros
- The frame is compatible with a wide range of bike part brands
- It is quite durable
- It is available in three sizes and three colours
- It only comes in three sizes
This is a lightweight fully-folding frame made from high-quality materials. It is a suitable option for people looking to construct their bikes from the ground up. Like the frame mentioned earlier, this one is also fully compatible with a wide range of bike parts made by different manufacturers in the UK and around the world . This is not a feature that you will find in most products of its kind in the market.
The frame's design is fully-patented, and it is the only product of its kind in the market to meet the EN14766 safety standards. The bike comes with a pair of quick-release pedals, and a fold carry-away bag made by ChangeBike. The folding frame is highly durable and flexible.
- It comes in a wide range of sizes
- It is highly durable and flexible
- It comes with added accessories for added convenience
- It is only available in black and white
Thank you for taking the time to read this review guide on which folding bike is the best to buy in 2020. If you have any suggestions or points that you would like answered, then please reach out to us and we will do our best to answer your question!